Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Texas, United States

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Veil

Why do we struggle so hard, so pitifully, to re-hang the veil in our heart when God has so graciously rent it? What is it in our spirit that compels us try and hide from the one who always sees us? It's been that way from the beginning, as soon as we realized our sin we began to place things between us and God. For Adam and Eve it was fig leaves. For me, it's shame or distance. I know when I've sinned, and some part deep within me doesn't want the holy God to see me. Even though I know I can't hide from God, that doesn't stop me from trying and then I just feel worse because I've run from God's love. One of the lines in the Methodist confession we repeat before Communion is "we have rejected your love." That line always stabs my heart the deepest, because I know that when I try to hide from God I'm rejecting his love. By trying to rehang the veil between us I am rejecting God's love. And the scary thing is I'm not sure how to take the veil back down.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home