Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Princess & the Warrior



The warrior runs deep
she lives within my veins
the power she wields
comes only through your Name.

Now you are asking me
to lay her aside
relinquish my sword
surrender my helm.

Yet I wonder why?
Why did you create her,
train her,
use her.

Was I only your warrior
for one short season?

The princess is
a concept so foreign to me
as your child I'd rather run wild
and be free.

How to be both
right now I cannot see.

At last I understand
it was through victory
I hoped you would
accept me.

Yet all the while you were asking,
"Dear child, please come to me,
find rest and peace, abide in me,
and simply be....

...be the woman I intended you to be
from the very dawn of eternity."

So Lord, I make this promise
as true as it can be
that by your grace alone
a princess will this warrior be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Nope beautifull I was wrong before. This is the greatest piece of yours I've read. Love the openness !! ;-)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Leslie JS said...

great poem!

i've alerted security to search your room for sharp objects :)

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home