Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Texas, United States

Monday, December 25, 2006

Twas the Night

Twas the Night

Twas the Night before Christmas

and I laid awake
listening for the one sound
for which my heart ached

It wasn't for sleigh bells
or for reindeer hoofbeats
not even the sound of silent snowflakes

It was something much smaller
but far more dear
for which I prayed with inclined ear

It was the sound of an infant's cry
because in that frail noise
was the voice of Adonai

I listened tonight
for the songs of angels
to hear the heavenly light

I listened tonight
for the bleating of lambs
surrounding the most holy Lamb

I listened tonight
for the wisemen's words
as they knelt in worship of the most holy Word

but Alas! I fear
that nothing I hear
but I'll hold out hope
for His Advent next year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Hey love the poem, but not to nitpick, but Adonai refers to God not Jesus.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home