Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Texas, United States

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Walls

I wrote this a year and a half ago. But the words are truer than ever. It appears something change really slowly.

Walls I built
I’ve forgotten why
To keep the world out
And stones were placed
Instead of faith
Hiding all my doubt
From evil eyes
And wagging tongues
Who’d hurt me if they could
Silence replaced the safety
Of my towering cliffs
Leaving me alone
In the self-created abyss
Yet higher still the rocks
They pile
Protecting me from you
Ensuring you can’t hurt me now
And never, ever will
Fortresses of rock
Locked me deep inside
A prisoner I’ve become
To my sacred pride

Walls I’ve built
Now I know why
It was to keep you out
And stones were placed
Instead of faith
Hiding all my fear
From caring eyes
And loving arms
Who’d hold me if they could
Be allowed to touch me
To spring me from my trap
Placing me inside
Mercy’s grace-filled lap

Lord free me
From the dungeon
My fear has built for me
Come in and be my rescuer
Remove myself from me
Tear down the walls I’ve built
So solid and secure
Undo every stone I’ve place
To make a bridge toward you
Carry me across
The chasm O so deep
And teach me once for all
Not to look before I leap.

- June 12th, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home