Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Texas, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

An Unfair Box

At best it is unseemly
At worst, an impossibility
A woman simply does not belong
In Christian ministry

I’ve heard the refrain
In all the different strains
It’s to the point that the lie
Is hardwired in my brain

I don’t belong with men
Who call upon the Lord
I should stay at home
Be quiet and submit

Part of me was lost
When I allowed them
To tell me
Who it is that I should be

Instead of listening
For the small voice
Who said,
“My daughter, look at me.”

To be fragmented
Is not what I deserved
The unity of my person
May yet still be preserved

I am a woman
That is one half of me
The other half is just as valid
God gave them both to me

I am a minister
Of the Gospel of Peace
Though at war
With those who would

Deny me my place
At odds
With those who try to box me
Where I am not to be

There is no dilemma
I am worthy of
Both ministry
And femininity
Because that is who God made me to be

I refuse to deny either half of me

1 Comments:

Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Hang in there. Don't back down adn keep fighting. I like the analogy of women in ministry adn slavery. For many years slavery was said to be backed by scripture adnGod's plan and all. Many denominations split over the issue but eventually it became a pretty well accepted stance that slavery was wrong. Just like denying Holy Orders to women is wrong. If you are truely called by God he will open the necassary doors, and close the unneccasary mouths.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home