Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Texas, United States

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Finding my Voice

I've been here at Asbury for three weeks, and in that time I've been disoriented, overwhelmed, and completely blown away by the working of God on this campus. I've seen things, experienced things in such powerful ways that I know God is moving among his people. I am excited to be in the midst of such a stirring. I am finding my voice here. At first I just I took time to observe those around me, to listen to their voices, and to the meanings behind the words. The thing though is I'm quickly realizing that there is much that needs to be said, and few voices willing to speak.

I was worried when I got here that I would be the youngest here, and because of that I would not be taken seriously. While it is true that I am nearly the youngest (I've only found one other person who is younger than me), that is not an excuse to remain silent. I have been given a voice, and I am finding it here more than ever before. I am used to being the defender of the Christian faith against atheists and agnostics, now my voice is to call Christians to return to their first love. To prepare their hearts for the moving of God, to urge them to be ready for whatever is coming. I'm still learning when to speak, and what to speak, but I will not be silent any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home